Whitehedge Farm Services
Training Services Offered at NEW location Valhalla Equestrian in Aubrey Texas
Whitehedge Farm specializes in the starting and training of ponies, young hunters and jumpers. Horses are normally started undersaddle at age 3 in a classical manner. Care is taken to achieve good manners, balance, and retain a trainable and pleasant attitude about each horses work. Anne Hedge has been starting young horses in this manner for over 15 years, and has developed a program that produces sound and confident winners in the ring. Once they are confidently going undersaddle, horses are trail ridden and shipped to various local horse shows and events. When horse leave our starting program at Whitehedge Farm, they are normally ready to start showing in the baby green hunters.
We also take older horses on consignment that may need further local show miles or training. We also accept mares and young horses that need prepped and conditioned for mare inspections for various warmblood registries, mare performance tests and stallion tests. Anne has special interest and experience with stallions and young colts, and can also train them for semen collection.
Lessons at Valhalla Equestrian
Full Training (Starting undersaddle or Sales Prep) $500/month
Training/Coaching at shows: $75/day
Hauling Min: $100 plus $1.25 mile
Board your horse at Whitehedge Farm now located at Valhalla Equestrian also in Aubrey, Texas!
We offer limited boarding services that are normally in conjunction with horses involved in our training, consignment or breeding program.
Prices and services are outlined below.
- Board (2 yr olds and up) starting at $500
- Daily Feeding with Progressive Nutrition products
- High quality free choice tifton hay or pasture
- Additional Supplement feeding (as provided by owner)
- Emergency care
- Management of worming and vaccination schedule
- Horses live in pasture whenever possible for the best quality physical and mental health in carefully selected small groups
- Fertilized/weeded coastal pastures
- Owner/Trainer with over 20 years experience in horse management lives on site and personally provides care.
- Weanling and yearling board: $500
- Layups/Injury medical stall care: $950/month
- Daily meds given as needed
- Bandages changed, eye meds applied, coordination/ handling for vet, handwalking.
Breeding Services offered at Whitehedge Farm
We offer care for your breeding stock from conception through showing.
Breeding management is carefully organized through top local breeding vets to bring the best possible conception rates, and healthy foals on the ground. Anne is also available for breeding consultations and questions concerning the breeding of hunters, and has particular interest and knowledge in both Hanoverian and Oldenburg bloodlines.
- Foaling Out Board: $950/month (includes double stall with straw)
- Foaling Out Fee: $350
- Broodmare management: $150/month additional to base board rates( during the time mare is getting bred- includes all handling/trips to local vet. coordinate with semen shipping)
Sale Horse Conditioning and Consignment
Quality young hunters and jumpers are accepted for consignments on an individual basis. Care is taken to achieve top condition in the horse, with a carefully planned nutrition program to help them present themselves in their best possible light. Use of various media is employed for marketing including professional photos and videos, online advertising, and featuring spots available on our website. We have an extensive network of trainers and past clients that know to look to us for high quality, correctly started young prospects. We have a proven track record with sales to leading industry professionals and amateurs across the country. Horses have gone on from our program to top honors at Indoors, Winter Equestrian Festival, and many other top shows throughout the country. Unless other arrangements are made a 15% commission fee is due on all final sale prices.